May 3, 2007

I Told You So

Is this the line of an MVP in a do-or-die first round playoff game?

2-13 FG

0-6 3FG

4-4 FT

10 Rebounds

2 Assists

3 Turnovers

8 Points

How many times did I say during the regular season that Dirk Nowitzki is no MVP? A hundred? A million? A hundred million?

Yet "professional" writers and basketball "experts" stuck with their horse, even as it hobbled to the finish line on a broken ankle. One of these guys (Kelly Dwyer, if that is your real name!) actually came on my humble blog to defend himself, although it had less to do with his choice than his insecurities about his basketball knowledge. (For the record, I was slamming ALL media in that entry. He just happened to take my sweeping generalization quite personally.)

Well, look at your Thoroughbred now. On his way home after a very un-MVP performance in a game that could have been (and ultimately was) the Mavericks' last of the season. A 67 win season. A year after choking away a title after being up 2-0.

Weren't these guys on a mission? Weren't they more focused than ever, hungrier than any other team in the league after tasting a championship, only to have the waiter yank the plate away before the fork sank deeply into the meat?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming Dirk for losing that series. He had a lot of help from his teammates and coach in that matter. But the big German shooting guard was supposed to have learned, he was supposed to have toughened up, he was supposed to have become a leader.

Anyway. Congratulations go out to the Golden State Warriors for becoming the first 8 seed to knock off a number 1 seed in a best of seven first round series. And thank you for helping to prove what I've been saying since March 14 - the day I realized that Dirk was not even close to Steve Nash in terms of MVP status.

And one more thing...


I TOLD YOU SO!
(Glad I could finally get that off my chest.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA... Dwyer eatin crow!! LMAO!!! HA HA HA HA HA...

At least the Chuckster was SOMEWHAT humble about it...

GO SUNS!!
GO WARRIORS!!
GO CHOKING!!

Dallin Crump said...

Jey, your IP got banned from the [unnamed message board]?

How could they do that to you, especially on the historic occasion that is the GS victory over the biggest disappearing act in the NBA!!

Jey said...

Because they're assholes! I'M CRYING!!!

SAVE ME!!!

Anonymous said...

It must suck to have to only read the comments without chiming in...

I was dying at work the few Hours I was out of action...

It's gonna suck once the season is over...

Dallin Crump said...

Jey, for a minute there, you sounded like Cuban.

Jey said...

COME FIX IT FOR ME ADAM!!!

I'm so computer illiterate. This sucks, but I'm sure it won't last too long.

Elias Butler said...

OH LOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

OH LOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!

HEE HEE HEHEEHEHEHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I'll show you how to get a new ip.

FUCK YOU DWYERS OF THE CORPORATE BANDWAGON MENTAL MIDGETS BRIGADE, YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED IN HUMILIATING FASHION!!!!ONLY BY BENDING DOWN ON THY KNEES BEFORE THE GREAT BLACK JESUS AND JEY CAN YOU ACHIEVE FORGIVENESS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dirk just said the last few weeks of the season they didnt have it together and it had a lot to do with the playing time...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jey said...

"for a minute there, you sounded like Cuban. "

I'm a chameleon of sorts. I mimic my environment. tee hee

Dirk's making excuses. The low post is not his biggest/only weakness. It's his mentality and toughness. He has none. That's why he can't go into the low post.

Jey said...

MVP!!!

MVP!!!

MVP!!!

THISTHISTHISTHIS IS YOUR MVP?!?!?!

Jey said...

GOOD NIGHT, DALLIN!

Have nice Mormon dreams of comely lasses of virtue true!

GO SUNS!!!

GO REAL MVP!!!

Unknown said...

Jey, if you have DSL, you can simply hard-reset the modem (kill the power for a few seconds) and it will give you a new IP. I am not sure about some cable modems, but others will also do this if you have a dynamic IP with Cox.

Anyways,

GO LOU!
GO MARK CUBAN!
GO DOWN IN A HISTORIC STINKER!

Elias Butler said...

gnight jey!

Jey said...

Thanks, Gary, but it didn't work. I'll just wait and see if the forum administrator throws me a bone. If not, I'll find a way!

PEACE OUT, ELIAS OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!!!

FLAGSTAFF, HERE WE COME!!!