April 29, 2007

First of the Worst

So I haven't slept at all. I was going to write an entry last night, but I got caught doing the video below. It was a rockin' pain in the ass because I don't have a new graphics card, yet, so all I have to work with is that damn Windows Movie Maker. Worst editing program ever.

Before I even got to it, I had to wait two hours for the video to convert to a usable status. Then I had to wait another half hour for WMM to import it. The sickest part about that program is that it splices the video arbitrarily - no rhyme or reason. One clip could be 1.5 seconds, the next could be over a minute. And most of the highlight plays were cut into two or three parts.

I still had to do a ton of fancy cutting as I went through two hours worth of game video. I got more highlights than I could use, thank God. Still, that took me about three and a half hours. Then the "fun" part began.

The stupid thing stalled incessantly whenever I tried to perform even the simplest action - such as pressing PLAY. It took around 30 seconds to recover every time it froze, so you can imagine how long it took to cut 450 clips, then splice various ones together in linear fashion (another of the worst parts of WMM...no nonlinear editing). To make a long story short, it took fraggin' forever. Including conversion time, around 10 hours for a three minute fifty second reel.

Due to the difficulties with freezing, you will see that about a third of the way through, I stopped using effects and just stuck with cross fades. For the most part, it's not half bad. Not up to my standards, but what can ya do when working with shit? Well, this is what...

Ladies and gentlemen - I present "Seven Starter Army".



*Update: By the way, they don't have local broadcasts on nba.com, so I got stuck with TNT, espn, and Yes (for the NJ game). And the Dallas game has that stupid score ticker on the bottom of the screen the whole time. Espn sucks balls. Sorry. No extra looks from a Suns' prespective. And No Dan Majerle or Al McCoy calls.

This is just a short one I made messing around with the NJ classic. I'll probably lengthen it...make it more serious. For now, I was just being somewhat humorous.

2 comments:

Elias Butler said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT WORK JEY!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice video go suns