May 9, 2007

Who's Your Daddy?

I just want to give a special mad props to Raja Bell.

He made at least one spectacular drive to the basket last night. Raja had the open jumper on the play that I recall, and I expected him to take it and nail it. But he surprised me - and maybe all of us - when he lowered his head and went strong to the hole, scoring over Tony Parker. The whole Spurs defense, especially Parker, looked like they didn't know what just hit them. The game changed noticeably after that, I think.

It was a great move, and needs to be added to his highlight reel along with his game 1 gem. For those with short term memory difficulties: It was the play where Raja found a cutting Leandro Barbosa with a blind bounce pass from one knee. People may not be noticing it, yet, but I'm telling you - Raja Bell is having a spectacular series against the Spurs. And not just shutting down Manu Ginobili. Raja is making plays on the offensive end.

Watch for it.

1 comment:

Elias Butler said...

WE OFFER THANKS AND PRAISE TO RAH RAH FOR BEING A MOTHERFUCKER!!!